As more and more Americans get serious about healthy eating, many of them are moving away from sugary drinks and caffeine and looking to juices to quench their thirst.
The facts don’t lie. In 2015, Americans consumed 6.6 gallons of juices per capita. According to MyPlate.gov, one four-ounce serving of 100 percent fruit juice is equivalent to one serving of fruit and pure fruit juices are filled with the same nutrients found in whole fruit.
If that isn’t enough to highlight the benefits of drinking juice, consider these facts:
- The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend several cups of fruits and vegetables per day, but roughly 70 percent of Americans don’t meet those recommendations.
- Those same guidelines state that an intake of at least 2.5 cups of fruits and vegetables per day is associated with a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, including stroke and heart attack.
- A 100 mL serving of 100 percent orange juice contains just 47 calories as well as vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, fiber and many other vitamins and minerals.
- In addition, orange juice is an excellent and popular source of vitamin C, which has long since been lauded for it’s healing properties. A single serving of orange juice contains more than 200 percent of the vitamin C a body requires in a day.
- An eight-ounce cup of unsweetened pineapple juice contains 130 calories, 33 mg of calcium and 30 mg of magnesium. It also contains bromelain, which helps reduce swelling and bruising associated with sports injuries.
If you’re a juice fan and want to take advantage of the growing juice trend, here are some tips for running your own juice bar:
- Have a Plan: Behind every successful business there is a successful business plan. If you’re going to start your own juice bar, it’s important to include variables like supplies, market, funding and expectations for growth in your plan. Also keep in mind that it helps to have an effective marketing plan, especially if you’re opening your juice bar in a market where there may already be some competition.
- Get Good Equipment: To bring in customers, you need to have a great product and you can’t have a great product without the right type of equipment. Do some research and invest in a high quality commercial juicer machine, sugarcane juice machines, an automatic juicer, a wheatgrass juice extractor or whatever else you think your juice bar might need.
- Know Your Market: Juice bars are very popular, but if you’re opening one in a big city, chances are good you won’t be the only one in town. Set yourself apart with a unique menu and unique juice flavors. Do research on competitors as well and find out what makes them successful.
One way to set yourself apart in terms of juice flavors is with sugarcane juice and sugarcane juice machines can help you offer a product to your customers with many health benefits.
Benefits of sugarcane juice include:
- It’s a diuretic, which helps treat UTIs, kidney stones and generally helps your overall kidney health.
- It helps strengthen your liver as well and has been suggested by doctors as a remedy to combat jaundice. With sugarcane juice machines, you can offer customers a product that restores lost proteins to the body and provides it with essential nutrients to help your body recover from jaundice.
- Sugarcane juice is also chock-full of essential vitamins and minerals such as protein, iron, good carbs and potassium among other things. On a hot summer day, a glass of sugarcane juice can help you ward off fatigue and help boost your energy.
- Sugarcane juice has laxative properties and can help people improve their bowel movements and relieve constipation.
- Sugarcane juice also has alkaline properties and can help treat stomach issues and acidity in the body.
- If your juice bar has sugarcane juice machines, that will be welcome news for diabetics. The juice has a low glycemic index.
- The minerals found in sugarcane juice can help prevent bad breath as well as tooth decay.
Whether you put sugarcane juice machines, automatic juicers or other kinds of equipment in your juice bar, outfit yourself with the necessary equipment and materials to offer new and exciting products to your customers.
Trackback from your site.